The school has developed the systems and capacity to ensure that ‘Every child is supported and achieves’. The key elements here are :
- A dynamic curriculum that provides academic and vocational courses to meet the needs of every student;
- High quality teaching and support through our House/Curriculum team structures;
- Personal support for every student by their tutor;
- Effective monitoring of student performance against challenging individual targets;
- Robust support systems and flexible and effective intervention programmes.
The breadth of provision recognises the diversity of intake within a comprehensive school providing:
- Accelerated and gifted and talented programmes starting in year 7;
- Identification of all students' potential and the setting of stretching and achievable targets in all subjects to ensure they are consistently challenged at the right pace;
- A two year GCSE / vocational programme in years 10 - 11 providing high quality vocational courses with strong links to other schools, colleges and businesses;
- A wide range of extra-curricular activities to both support and extend the core provision;
- Alternative programmes including after-school school and Young Apprenticeships;
- Leadership opportunities within the House teams and representing the school.