SVC Uniform Policy 2013 - 2014
- * Maroon sweatshirt with Swavesey Village College logo (compulsory) - students are not to replace the school sweatshirt with another sweatshirt, hoodie or jumper.
- * Pale blue polo shirt with Swavesey Village College logo (compulsory)
Trousers - plain black – not styled as jeans, skinnies or leggings. Ideal trousers have been designed by our own students and sold by REV UK :
Skirts - plain black and of a modest length, must be worn with black opaque tights
Socks under trousers - plain black
Shoes - black, low heeled, i.e. less than 2" in height, plain black plimsolls. No sports or fashion logos or decoration should be visible on footwear.
*Items marked with an asterisk are purchased from the school
Standard of dress:
It is expected that students will be neat and tidy in appearance and will not wear items that contravene health and safety policies, i.e. jewellery in PE lessons
- it is important that the smartness of the school uniform is not offset by the wearing of inappropriate outdoor garments
- hats should not be worn on the school site
- alternative sweatshirts are not to be worn
- we consider trainers, over the ankle boots and open toed sandals to be inappropriate for school. For health and safety reasons we would wish shoes to be robust and low heeled, i.e. less than 2” in height.
- sweatshirts, when removed, are not to be worn around the waist - they should be kept in bags or lockers
- sweatshirts are to be worn outside skirts or trousers
- the collar of the polo shirt must be visible when worn beneath the school sweatshirt
- coloured tee-shirts are not to be visible under the school polo shirt
Jewellery and make-up
- 2 small pairs of studs in each ear lobe.
- A thin chain worn under the polo shirt (removed for PE)
- One ring on each hand.
- Discreet and natural looking make-up.
- Natural nail varnish or hair colour.
- Piercings other than ear lobes.
- Bracelets, including charity bands.
In all matters of uniform, it is the school’s decision on what is and isn’t appropriate.