SVC Uniform Policy 2012 - 2013
- *Maroon sweatshirt with Swavesey Village College logo (compulsory) - students are not to replace the school sweatshirt with another sweatshirt, hoodie or jumper.
- *Pale blue polo shirt with Swavesey Village College logo (compulsory)
- *Trousers - plain black bootleg style for girls and classic suit cut for boys.
Skirts - plain black knee length, not clingy or tight.
Socks - plain black
Tights – plain black opaque
Shoes - black, low heeled, i.e. less than 2" in height, plain black plimsolls. No sports or fashion logos or decoration should be visible on footwear.
*Items marked with an asterisk are purchased from the school
Standard of dress:
It is expected that students will be neat and tidy in appearance and will not wear items that contravene health and safety policies, i.e. jewellery in PE lessons
- it is important that the smartness of the school uniform is not offset by the wearing of inappropriate outdoor garments
- hats should not be worn on the school site
- alternative sweatshirts are not to be worn
- we consider trainers, over the ankle boots and open toed sandals to be inappropriate for school. For health and safety reasons we would wish shoes to be robust and low heeled, i.e. less than 2” in height.
- Sweatshirts, when removed, are not to be worn around the waist - they should be kept in bags or lockers
- coloured tee-shirts are not to be worn under the school polo shirt
- outdoor clothing is not to be worn around the school
Jewellery and make-up
- 2 small pairs of studs in each ear lobe.
- A thin chain worn under the polo shirt (removed for PE)
- One ring on each hand.
- Discreet and natural looking make-up.
- Natural nail varnish.
- Piercings other than ear lobes.